- This event has passed.
September 18-21, 2023 Indigenous Postpartum Doula Training
September 18 - September 21
Please read the complete course details before submitting your application.
Indigenous Postpartum Doula Virtual Training with Postpartum Healing Lodge
- Facilitated by Raeanne Madison, Ojibwe
- Topics include: postpartum healing traditions, anatomy and physiology, traditional foods, newborn traditions, postpartum doula practices, and more
- PLUS ++ Guest program instructors who are experienced helpers and community caregivers
- PLUS ++ Mentorship session with experienced doulas
- PLUS ++ Traditional crafting session lead by Ojibwe beadworker (supplies provided)
4-day, live virtual training with recording available
Live closed captioning available
Course conducted in English
PLEASE NOTE: This training is open to Black, Indigenous, and other people of the global majority who live in the state of Michigan.
Please apply by September 4th, 2023
- Training is free of cost!
- Stipend of $320 is provided to attend the training!
- One year access to a dedicated online shared drive with bonus reading and videos
- Postpartum Doula Manual will be printed and mailed to you
- Lifetime certification provided upon completion of the program requirements; no fee or test to certify!
- Free access to 4 annual virtual continuing education opportunities with other postpartum doulas